Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Benefits of Running

We all know that any kind of exercising has many benefits for your health.  Running on a daily basis can help you reap more benefits that i'm sure you did not know.  A few I actually did not know until I did some research.  I love to run and I mainly do it because I enjoy it; I see it as an escape from everyday worries.    One of the major improvements can be on your mood.  Running can make you feel happier due to the feeling of euphoria experienced through the release of the hormones called endorphines.  Also, you can experience a decrease in stress possibly from you finishing a challenging task and feeling accomplished. Also, your stress may decrease because running helps lower your blood pressure.  Furthermore, running can slow down your aging process! This point is the one I found most exciting! Someone who runs on a regular basis will see bone and muscle loss much later on in life then those who do not run regularly.  Running puts stress on your muscles and bones so they respond by becoming stronger.  The main benefit, which many people think about when they hear running, is improved cardiovascular health.  Running causes your arteries to expand and contract three times more than when you are not doing physical activity; this helps to lower your chance for a heart attack.



Research and more information found on :
http://www.therunnersguide.com/benefitsofrunning/

http://www.active.com/running/Articles/6-Benefits-of-Running.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment