Monday, March 26, 2012

Running Stairs

Getting bored of your typical running routine? A great way to mix up your cardio workout is to run stairs. When I am relaxing at home and I don't feel like getting on my running gear to go outside or hit the treadmill, I enjoy running my stairs in my house. Running stairs is an amazing and tough cardiovascular workout and helps increase lower body strength. When compared to your ordinary running routine, running stairs forces your leg muscles to work much harder. You push your leg muscles limits and increase their endurance. According to the article, http://www.fitnessfatloss.com/featured/running-stairs/, running stairs helps develop power, muscle elasticity, flexibility, and balance. Also, it is possible to do stair workouts that target your whole body, including your abs. Not only will you be able to increase your cardiovascular strength through running stairs, you may be able to get that amazing six pack you have been desiring for summer! Sometimes I like to incorporate a running stairs workout in while I am enjoying watching television. At commercials, I get up and sprint the stairs for about two minutes until my show begins again. Stair sprinting causes your heart rate to sky rocket, you will also breathe very heavily. This workout is known as one of the best butt workouts out there; it will easily tone your butt, burn fat, and increase your lung endurance. Source: "Running Stairs – An Alternative Cardio Workout." Running Stairs – An Alternative Cardio Workout. Web. 26 Mar. 2012. .

No comments:

Post a Comment